3-year-old boy mistakenly sets himself on fire while playing with hand sanitizer and lighter

3-year-old boy mistakenly sets himself on fire while playing with hand sanitizer and lighter-verasgist.com

A 3-year-old boy from Thailand has set himself on fire while playing with a hand sanitizer and a lighter.

The Pre-school child identified as Captain Chuenbubpha, was engulfed in flames after the highly inflammable hand sanitizer poured on his shirt while playing with his elder brother.

Captain poured the gel all over his arms and hands, then splashed it onto his uniform and squirted the contents of the gel container at his brother.

His brother in retaliation, squirted it back at the young boy, then the two picked and lit up a cigarette lighter they took from their parents’ bedroom drawers .

Captain, who had the most alcohol gels on his shirt, was immediately engulfed in flames within a few seconds .

Their uncle, Thanwa Chuenbubpha, who rushed Captain to hospital after hearing his screams has warned other parents about the danger of the gel.

He said he did not know what to do at first after seeing his nephew burning on his neck, chest, and arms.

Thanwa said: “I ran to the kids when I heard them crying. I did whatever I could to stop the fire as soon as possible before it burns the boy more.”

Thanwa said he used his bare hands to kill the flames before tearing the uniform out of the crying boy.

He added: ”I smothered him to put out the flames. They were extinguished quickly but he still had injuries all over his body.”

Captain was later taken to the hospital in an ambulance. The child has recovered well with minor burns after staying at the hospital for one night.

READ  'Yahoo boys are now role models' - Diezani Alison-Madueke (Video)

Source: TheinfoNG

Join Over 1,000 + Readers To Get Free Daily Updates
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

2 Comments on “3-year-old boy mistakenly sets himself on fire while playing with hand sanitizer and lighter”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.