The English Premier League is the top fight football competition in England and a total of 20 football clubs played in the league.
The clubs are; Arsenal, Aston Villa, AFC Bournemouth, Brighton and Hove Albion, Burnley, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester, Manchester United, Newcastle, Norwich City, Sheffield United, Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, Watford, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderes.
Clubs that qualify for the UEFA Champions League are; Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea while Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspurs qualify for the Europa league and AFC Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich City were relegated.
Below are the amazing Statistics From The 2019-2020 Premier League Season
1. The Premier League was suspended for three months because of the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic.
2. When the league return from the coronavirus enforce break all matches was played behind closed doors. (i.e football fans were not allowed into the stadium)
3. Liverpool won the Premier League trophy after thirty years (30 years), the last time they won the tittle was in 1990
4. Burnley won 15 games in the 2019-20 season, their highest total in a single season in the Premier League.
5. Crystal Palace failed to score more than twice in any of the Premier League fixtures.
6. Leicester City’s 9-0 win at Southampton was the biggest away win in English top-flight history.
7. Manchester United were awarded 19 penalties the most ever won in a single Premier League campaign.
8. Everton finished 12th on the Premier League table their lowest since 17th in 2003-04 season.
9. Michail Antonio became the first West Ham Player to score four goals in the top-flight match since David Cross did so against Tottenham Hotspurs in September 1981.
10. Sheffield United conceded 39 league goals the fewest for any promoted side in the history of the Premier League.
Reporter: Baatee Barinaa-iyalo