It has been reported that the Federal Government of Nigeria has ordered the freezing of the bank accounts of all #EndSARS promoters in the country.
According to some of the promoters of the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), they were notified by the Central Bank Of Nigeria that their accounts had been frozen.
Confirming the news. a pharmacist, Victor Israel, who was in charge of the #EndSARS medical team in Port Harcourt, said his account with Access Bank account had been frozen since October 15.
I am in charge of End SARS medical team in Port Harcourt and we had people donating for medical supplies, food, water, ambulance services and these donations were made directly into my account and of course these donations had End SARS descriptions so I think that was how they were able to flag my account. I noticed that on October 15, I was trying to make a debit transaction on my account and noticed that there was a restriction.
“So, I called the bank and I was told that there was indeed a restriction but I should go to any branch near me and when I did so, the branch manager sent a mail to the branch where I opened the account. The response to the mail was that there was a directive from the CBN to restrict the account.
“The lady was surprised and even asked me if I had any issue with the CBN and I responded that if I had any issue with the CBN, I wouldn’t be in the bank in the first place, I would be on the run. I asked what could be done and she gave me no answer. She had to show me the mail on her computer which I read. It was directly from the CBN and it read, ‘Place this account on PND.”